Dec 13 2023
Share this post
Ever need to save an email as a PDF? Whether you want to print out a hard copy version, archive the content for your records, or repurpose the email content, the solution is simpler than you think.
Join us as we take a look at how to save an email as a PDF. We’ll show you how to turn emails from Outlook and Gmail into PDF files you can use and work with.
Let's take your email management to the next level.
To save an email from Outlook to a PDF document on your desktop app, follow these steps:
1. In your Outlook inbox, locate and open the email you wish to save as a PDF.
2. Click on the File menu tab.
3. In the Print options, select your printing options for your email content.
4. Click on Print and then click on the Print button.
5. In the pop-up, under Destination, choose Microsoft Print to PDF.
6. Select a location and a name for your PDF and click on Save.
If you’re a Gmail user, the process is just as easy. Follow the steps below to start getting your email into PDF:
1. Go to your Gmail account.
2. Locate and open the email that you want to save as a PDF.
3. Click on the three-dots menu in the top-right corner or click on the Printer icon.
4. Select Print.
5. In the Print dialog, select Save as PDF.
6. Under More settings, set your printing options.
7. Click on Save and download the email to your device as a PDF file.
Once you have your email in PDF format, it doesn’t mean your work has to stop there. You can use online PDF tools like Xodo to work on the PDF email.
From archiving important information and creating a legal paper trail to seamlessly sharing information and reusing the content, saving an email as a PDF can easily be an integral part of your digital workflow.
Not only do you get to work with emails in the same way you work with documents, you also have a full set of over 30 PDF tools when you use Xodo to achieve any PDF task you may have for your email content. You can extend your digital document workflows with ease.
Try Xodo on any content you save as a PDF and enhance your document management workflow!
How to Save a Webpage as PDF (on Every Browser)
Learn how to save a webpage as PDF in your browser quickly and with ease. We’ll show you how to capture webpage content into a single PDF. Our guide covers steps for Chrome, MS Edge, Firefox, Opera, macOS, and iPhone and Android devices.
How to Create a PDF on Any Device
Learn how to craft the perfect PDF document with Xodo! Our tutorial guide shows you the different options you have to create PDF files on your desktop and mobile devices. You’ll also get a few handy tips on how to work with and spruce up your PDF! Take a look.
How to Convert PowerPoint to PDF
Discover how simple the process of converting your PowerPoint presentations to PDF format can be! With Xodo Pro, you can convert your presentation content faithfully and quickly share the file with others. Check out our step-by-step guide!