Jun 27 2023
Share this post
Do you have a lot of PDF documents that need translation?
Here’s the easiest ways to translate PDF content for free with the following tools:
But first, in order to translate a PDF document, you must convert the file to Word with Xodo’s online PDF to Word tool.
To convert your PDF to an MS Word document, follow the steps below:
1. Go to Xodo’s free PDF to Word Converter.
2. Upload your PDF either from your device, Xodo Drive, or Google Drive, and Dropbox.
3. Click on Convert to start the PDF to Word conversion.
4. Download the converted Word document to your device.
You can translate PDF in Microsoft Word from your desktop, but you can also keep things online and translate the text by using MS Word Online when you’re using Office 365. Here’s how:
1. Open your converted Word file in Office 365and click on the Review tab.
2. Click on the Translate dropdown menu and click on Translate Document.
3. You’ll see the window pop up on the right-hand side. Select the language you want to translate the document to.
4. Click the Translate button. Your file will open in your selected translation language.
5. Work on the file and then save a copy by clicking Edit. Microsoft will save your file and then open it in the Word Online app for you to work on.
Google Translate is easily accessible, free, and simple to use. You already know how the tool works – paste your text into the interface, select your language, and Google automatically provides you with the translated text.
Follow these steps:
1. In Google Translate, click on the Document button.
2. Click on the Browse your computer button. Select and open your file to upload it.
3. Select the current language of your PDF (choose the Detect Language button) and then the language you wish to translate it into.
4. Click on the Translate button to start the process.
5. When the translation is done, click on the Download Translation button to save the PDF to your computer.
The translation is good enough for professional documents, such as legal documents, business contracts, and print publication material.
However, this translation method doesn’t support scanned PDF text – only native or electronically generated PDFs. A workaround is to convert your scanned PDF to Word first and then use the first procedure above using MS Word Online.
Additionally, you can translate only PDF files that are up to 10 MB in size. One solution is to split PDF documents into smaller files first and then translate each one individually.
If your PDF document is already uploaded in your Google Drive, you can directly translate it using Google Docs:
1. Login to your account and go to Google Drive.
2. Right-click on the PDF you want to translate and choose Open with > Google Docs.
3. Click on the Tools tab and choose Translate document.
4. In the popup window, select the language you want to translate to and optionally rename the file.
5. Click on the Translate button.
The translated document will show up in another tab and be saved to your Google Drive. You can edit the translated document as required.
Just remember, these translation tools are just a guide - always have someone review these translations as well to ensure they are communicating your messages across!
Your online productivity doesn’t have to stop there. Keep working on your PDFs with over 30 of Xodo’s free online PDF tools, which include, but aren’t limited to, PDF editing, annotating, merging, converting, and viewing your PDFs!
See how our advanced document tools can fit into your workflow. Let Xodo Pro help you get started on translating your PDF files.
How to Insert a PDF into Word (4 Quick Ways)
From inserting a PDF as an object to converting PDFs to Word, our guide walks you through four ways to insert a PDF into a Word document. We’ve got a few tips to instantly enhance your MS Word skills on your desktop, online or on your mobile.
How to Merge Word Documents
Combine your Word documents seamlessly using Microsoft Word on your desktop and Xodo online! Our step-by-step guide will show you three different ways to instantly merge MS Word documents. Stay organized, efficient, and streamline your work with a few clicks.
Best Free Unit Converters to Use in 2024
Discover the top unit converter apps designed for mobile, desktop and web for 2024! We put together our top picks of unit converters that cover a wide range of categories like length, mass, time, temperature, and more. Switch between units like a pro!