Jul 4 2023
Share this post
Translating PDF text is easier than you think!
Did you know you can easily translate PDF using online tools or simply translate it into English with just Xodo and Microsoft Word from your desktop?
Here’s a quick tip and feature not everyone may be aware of:
First, you’ll need to convert your PDF to Word. If you don’t have a PDF converter installed, you can easily do this with Xodo’s online PDF to Word converter, as follows:
1. Go to Xodo’s free PDF to Word converter.
2. Upload your PDF either from your device, Xodo Drive, or Google Drive, and Dropbox.
3. Click on the Convert button to start the conversion.
4. Save the file to your device.
After you’re done with the conversion, open your converted file in Microsoft Word. Then follow these steps:
1. Go to the Review tab and go to the Language section. In the Translate drop down menu, select the Translate Document.
2. In the Translator Language Options dialog, select the document translation language you need (for this example, we chose from English to French).
3. In the side bar that pops up, select your document’s original document language and then the language you want to translate to, then click on the Translate button.
The document will open in the translation language you chose:
4. To save the translated document, save the document to your computer.
You can choose to translate only specific sections of your PDF, such as a sentence or paragraph.
1. Go to the Review tab and go to the Language section. Choose Translate Selection option in the Translate drop-down menu.
2. Select your languages the same way as you did above.
3. Click on Insert to confirm the translation. Microsoft Word will translate and modify only the specified text in the document
Just remember, these translation tools are just a guide - always have someone review these translations as well to ensure they are communicating your messages across!
Did you find this tool tip handy? Check out what other quick tools Xodo has to offer!
There are more than 30 free PDF tools for all industries available to keep your PDF work going– PDF editing, annotating, merging, converting, and viewing your PDFs, just to name a few!
Try the PDF translation tips in MS Word above by starting with Xodo tools online!
How to Calculate Profit with Excel
Looking for a way to track how much your business makes? Our step-by-step guide shows you a simple way to keep track of your profits with Microsoft Excel. Learn how to set up the right formula to gain control over your business finances.
How to Insert PDF into Excel
Need to include PDF files into financial reports? Discover how to insert PDF files into Microsoft Excel, as objects or using hyperlinks. Our expert guide will show you how to seamlessly integrate PDFs into your spreadsheets step-by-step.
How to Convert PDF to Speech
Eliminate the tedious task of physically reading long PDFs! Listen to your PDF content instead to focus and save time for the more important tasks. Discover tips and tools in our post that'll help you convert your PDF text to speech.