Dec 15 2023
Share this post
Signing a contract online has become a necessity in the modern business environment where time is of the essence. Electronic signatures provide a fast, secure and simple way to complete contracts and agreements.
The transition from traditional ink signatures to online signatures, though, need not be a difficult one.
We’ll walk you through the process of signing contracts online using Xodo Sign where you’ll discover how convenient and efficient the process can be. Let's take a look!
To get started on signing contracts electronically, first create a Xodo Sign account.
A verification email will be sent to your email address, and once you have clicked Verify, you are good to go.
1. Log in to Xodo Sign.
2. Click on the “+” icon that appears to the right of Documents in the main menu. This will bring up the New Document page.
3. If it is just you signing, click on Me Only.
4. Upload your contract by clicking on Choose Files or by dragging and dropping your document into the uploading area.
Xodo Sign supports most popular file formats, but PDF is ideal. You can upload several documents and send them all together as an Envelope simply by clicking on Choose Files again.
5. Click on Prepare and position your signature by dragging it from the right onto your document.
6. You’ll be prompted to sign. You can choose to draw, type or upload your signature. Make your choice, and then click on Accept & Sign. Almost done!
7. Choose Send and your document is complete with your electronic signature. It is stored with its audit trail in your Xodo Sign account, you can download it whenever you need it.
Many contracts and agreements need to be signed by two or more parties. Xodo Sign enables you to add as many signers as you need, sending signing emails to signers, and even reminders.
Here’s how to send a document for signing:
1. Click on the “+” icon that appears to the right of Documents in the main menu. This will bring up the New Document page.
2. Choose Me and Others or Others Only.
You'll then get options to further tailor the signing process for multiple parties:
3. Upload your contract as before.
4. Now you are ready to add your signers. Under Signers and CC, simply add the name and email of your first signer. Click Add Signer or CC to add more.
If all you need is the signature of each signer, your document is now ready to send!
5. Click on Quick send in the top right, and the document will be sent to your signers. A signature page, with signature field, name of signer and date signed is appended to your document.
If you want your signers to complete additional information, or fill in a form, follow the steps below to add fillable fields, initials and signature fields:
1. Click Prepare, which will open the Document Editor.
2. Click on a signer (top right).
3. Choose signature and other fields for this signer to complete from the list on the right and drag them into position on your document.
4. Select your next signer and do the same.
5. Once you have added all your fields, just hit Send, and the contract will be winging its way to your signers! Note that your signers won’t need a Xodo Sign account, and signing is quick and simple for them.
A powerful signing tool like Xodo Sign offers many other features for more complex needs:
Got questions before you sign contracts online? We answer your questions below.
An electronic signature is a great way to sign a digital document quickly, simply, and securely. Electronic signatures are trusted, legal, and enforceable around the globe.
Not all online signatures are electronic signatures. “Online signature” is not a legally defined term, so it's hard to know if something only described as an online signature has any legal basis.
By contrast, electronic signatures have to meet tough legal and technical requirements. Electronic signatures are generally admissible in court in most countries around the World.
Xodo Sign provides electronic signatures working in compliance with the requirements:
Electronic signatures can be used in almost all the same circumstances as ink signatures. Electronic signatures are commonly used in HR, education, government, sales, real estate and for general business use.
Use an electronic signature solution like Xodo Sign. It is fast, secure and affordable, and electronic signatures provided by Xodo Sign are legally compliant.
No, signers don’t need a Xodo Sign account to sign a document. Only users who want to prepare and send documents for signature need a Xodo Sign account.
All Xodo Sign’s paid plans offer unlimited document-sending to an unlimited number of signers. Xodo Sign also has a free plan, which is limited to 5 document-sends each month.
Yes, it is. Visit the EU GDPR Compliance statement page to learn how Xodo Sign ensures compliance with GDPR regulations in its electronic signature and document management services.
Now that you know how to sign your contracts online effortlessly with Xodo Sign, you can close deals more quickly, reduce costs, and contribute to a sustainable paperless work environment. So, why wait?
Try Xodo Sign today. Step into the world of online signatures, and enjoy the transformative power of streamlined, secure, and efficient online contract signing.
How to Open a DOCX File
Discover how to deal with your DOCX files like a pro with our guide! From essential tools to quick tips, we cover everything you need to know. Learn about the format along with quick and easy ways to open DOCX files and even edit them online.
Xodo Drive: Secure Cloud Storage Meets Document Editing
Meet Xodo Drive – the secure online cloud storage platform for your PDFs and other digital documents! Streamline your workflows, speed up document tasks, and work from anywhere! Learn everything you need to know about Xodo Drive with our detailed guide.
How to Edit Docx Online
Working on Word documents can be hard if you don’t have MS Word on your system. But if you’ve ever needed to do some quick revisions on the spot, you can use Xodo’s advanced DOCX Editor. Add, change, or reformat your DOCX content all online!