Sept 29 2023
Share this post
Ever had that moment where you're poring over a PDF, and suddenly, you find yourself staring at a page that's upside-down or sideways?
We've all been there. But those orientation issues are about to become a thing of the past. With Xodo, you get the ultimate control over your digital documents.
No more tilting your head to read sideways text or craning your neck to make sense of an upside-down diagram. Xodo's ability to rotate PDF pages and files is all about making your PDFs work for you, not the other way around.
We'll show you how to rotate a PDF and ensure your digital documents always display just the way you want them to.
Xodo gives you a couple of ways to do this depending on the tool you’re using. And the best part is that rotating PDF pages can be done right in the interface. So, whether you’re fixing a single page or an entire file, you get hands-on control.
Xodo’s free PDF Reader, PDF Editor, Crop PDF, and PDF Annotator tool are designed to let you work with your pages in a more streamlined way as you view or edit your PDF on the content-level.
To do so, follow these steps:
2. Expand the side panel from the toolbar.
3. Go the page you wish to rotate.
4. Click on the rotate icon beneath the page. Or, you can click on the 3 dots beside the page to expand the page menu option. Here you can directly choose to rotate the page either clockwise or counterclockwise. When using the Crop PDF tool, click on the View Controls gear icon to access the menu.
5. Once you’ve rotated your pages as needed, continue your PDF task.
6. Then Download or Save a Copy of your final PDF with the newly rotated pages.
With both the PDF Splitter and Delete Pages tools, you can get more precision while modifying your PDF files with a bird’s eye view of your pages. This allows you to rotate the pages you want to extract into a new PDF or re-orient the pages you want to keep.
1. Open your PDF in either the PDF Splitter, Merge PDF, or Delete Pages tool.
2. Select the pages you want to rotate by checking on the box. When using the Merge PDF tool, click on the Select and Merge Pages option at the top of the interface to display your PDF pages.
3. Then click on the rotate page icon. Keep clicking it until the thumbnail shows your page oriented in the way that you wish.
4. Then continue with extracting, merging, or deleting the pages from your PDF by clicking on the corresponding (Extract, Split, Delete, Merge) button to complete the task.
Using a proper PDF solution like Xodo is definitely the professional way to go about rotating PDF files. Why? Here are a few reasons:
If you're a student dealing with lecture slides, a professional fine-tuning a client presentation, or anyone working with digital documents, you can use Xodo to make last minute fixes, so your PDF pages are aligned perfectly throughout for a professional look.
Moreover, we’ve got over 30 tools that can help you go beyond just rotating pages – convert, edit, sign, compress, archive and more! Give Xodo Pro a try for free for 7 days and see how quicky you regain control over your documents for good.
How to Flatten a PDF
Say goodbye to the digital layers that hinder document sharing. Whether you're handling complex forms or interactive documents, this guide is for you. Flatten your PDF online to declutter your files and enjoy a more streamlined document experience.
How to Compress a PDF
Fed up with bulky PDFs that are slowing you down? Looking to shrink those files down? Smaller PDFs mean quicker uploads, faster downloads, and smoother document sharing. And it’s all possible with Xodo! Learn how to compress PDFs with our handy guide.
How to Edit PDF Text
With Xodo, you can easily update, edit and format PDF text with confidence. Make on the spot edits to text, paragraphs, and their formatting Xodo. We’ll show you how to make quick changes to your PDF text, boosting your PDF editing productivity. Check out our post!